Sunday, September 04, 2005

Rome sweet home!

Seeing the coliseum, the remains of the aquaducts, the crumbling ruins and the cobbled streets that line the crux of the modern world has been a flurried intruduction to my home for the next 4 months. Life is beautiful here, if only at a glance, and although I'm overwhelmed by the whole of it, I'm mostly pleased to put my suitcase down. The travelling bug has taken a lot out of me, but I have no regrets, as it has been an indespensible journey. I promise to share the photographs of the things I have seen soon enough, and maybe some of my words will take true dimensions. Our apartment looks out over the streets that wind into the Santa Maria Piazza and music, performance and people cover its open space. It may be a loud sleep a couple of nights a week, but my bed looks out above the city and the cross breeze brings it just above where I lay my head. Sleep is going to feel so good in a steady place, with unpacked bags, showers and sheets, and a mailing address. I hope to hear from you all soon. Much love, liam.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Liam, It sure sounds like you had an amazing journey? Are you sure you want to be an Architect? You could always be a writter? Your stories certainly made me feel like I was viewing this trip through your eyes. Thanks for sharing all these great memories you have experienced.
I just wanted to let you know that your cousin Carol has been back packing from London, since Aug 26th and is headed your way. She is presently in Austria and is planning to visiting Italy this week and then off to Greece. Maybe she could meet up with you in Rome?
Have yourself a great school year!

9/04/2005 11:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Liam... if plans had not changed we would have beeen in Roma Saturday!! Joanne and I will have to settle for some Parksville pasta, sushi, and golf for September;get the island home stuff settled,and try to make Rome in November. I hope you can catch Elton John at the colliseum - we are jealous... Rome is so incredible...We know that you will enjoy your time there. Please send me an address so we can use Goggle Earth to zoom in on your coordinates mate!......lovin your blog!
unca' D

9/07/2005 01:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liam... I am so glad that your dad passed on your site!! I am really enjoying reading about all your adventures and living vicariously through you! I hope you enjoyed your trip as much as we loved reading about it! You should publish a book! Take care.
Love Heather ( of the famous Cleaver girls)

9/08/2005 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home