Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Como se diche "Uno Cerveza Pour Moi"

Somewhere between the moors of Scotland and the Spire of Ireland I got lost, and well, I appear to have washed ashore on the sunny beaches of Cumbre Del Sol, and were anyone to be searching for me, you can call off the effort as I´m more than happy to stay awhile. Arriving in Spain to 30 degree weather, stepped moutains, winding roads and the sleepy mediterranean I could not help but feel a little overwhelmed. Fraser´s parents condominum is atop a large English settlement that overlooks 300ft bluffs and private beaches that curve into a point where a lighthouse´s steady pulse covers the hills in a faint light every pass. It´s like no other place I have ever been, and I can´t imagine every wholling describing everything that is here without pictures, videos, Spanish people, wild horses and nude beaches to help me fill in the gaps. Tomorrow we will go to Bunol for the Tomatina festival and throw tomatoes at one another for two hours before being arrested and no doubt thrown into jail with 4 husky spanyards and absolutely no chance of any absolution. You´ll no doubt be able to have a good laugh on my behalf, should that happen, but do me a favour and cross your fingers for the opposite. Also, pardon me if there are any ´Ñs or Çs, as this spanish keyboards is having a laugh at me. much love, Liam

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a treat to come online to finally post a note to you re prior reports and find a brand new one about Spain! Liam - you are amazing. Your observations are so descriptive that I feel like I'm there looking out from the condo, watching the light house light sweep the landscape. (Will Fraser's parents rent out the condo to your low life relatives? sounds idyllic) Haven't the last two weeks of August flown by? We are gearing up for back to school - mjr more drama and cmr off to be rmt. IDR and BWR back at the rat race, while training for road race aka 60 km walk - think of us on Sept 10/11 - the weekend to end breast cancer. uno cerveza? dos - tres - quattro - cinco?
much love from Barb

8/30/2005 09:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've arrived Senor! Much cooler in the wilds of Gooderham, lake still 78 though so we jumped right in. Rain this morning, no doubt the aftermath of Katrina. Enjoy, and make sure you have one on Christine & Ken. Ta for now.

8/31/2005 02:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog liam. I was searching for information on santa costumes and came across your post Como se diche - not quite what I was looking for related to santa costumes but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

11/26/2005 09:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home